The holiday season is in full swing and it's time to start thinking about your plans for the final quarter of the year. Here are a few tips to help you prepare and plan for the fourth quarter of 2017.
1) Start planning your holiday content early - this is the time when people are most engaged with their social media feeds, so it's a great time to post content that will get in front of your audience and give them inspiration. Holiday content can take many different forms, from recipes to gift guides, so think about what you enjoy creating and choose a topic accordingly.
2) Consider collaborating with brands that align with your values - this goes hand-in-hand with planning out your holiday content. You might want to create something around the holidays that ties into your personal brand or a related topic, such as food or fashion. If you're interested in partnering with brands, start by reaching out to them on social media or emailing them directly if you know someone who works at the company.
3) Keep an eye on new influencer marketing trends - it's important to stay up-to-date on new influencer marketing trends since they change quickly and often dictate what style of campaigns brands are looking for from influencers. One trend that has been hot recently is microinfluencers which are people who have between 10,000 and 100,000 followers on social media platforms like Instagram or YouTube. Microinfluencers are more likely to be active on those platforms than traditional celebrities who have tens or hundreds of millions of followers which means they're easier for brands to reach out to directly without going through an agency
4) Update your website with your latest content - it's important to keep your website up-to-date so that brands know you're still active. If you haven't updated it in a while, now is a great time to do that since you've got extra time on your hands during the holidays.
5) Get creative with your content - a common piece of advice from influencers that have been in the industry for a while is to get creative with what you're posting. There are so many different styles of posts out there that it's important not to get stuck in a rut and start creating different types of content such as videos, images, or GIFs.
6) Think about how holidays tie into your personal brand - are there any holiday-related topics and topics related to the season that tie in well with what you want people to know about you? If so, this is an excellent opportunity for creating more content around those topics. You could even think about ways to incorporate these topics into posts during other times of the year such as "ideas for Valentine's Day cards".
7) Plan out your social media presences - if you're on multiple social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook, make sure they're all branded well and consistent across platforms. You can also consider updating parts of your profile such as header images or cover photos to tie into upcoming celebrations like New Year's Eve or Christmas.
Join our mailing list to receive our 5 Day Instagram Engagement Email challenge. We'll take you through processes and strategies to increase your engagement!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.